Per the bylaws set forth by the Kentucky State Board of Hairdressers and Cosmetologist, located at 111 St. James Court Frankfort, KY 40601; (502)-564-4262, to obtain admission to South Eastern Beauty Academy, a potential student must have a high school diploma, or its equivalent, a transcript showing high school competition, or a certificate of attainment. Also must
have evidence of completion of home schooling that the state law treats as a home or private school. A foreign student’s high school diploma has to be verified and the school has to have evidence that the verification was performed by an outside agency that is qualified to translate documents into English and confirm the academic equivalence to a U.S high school diploma. Students enrolled under a training agreement with a government agency, school district, and/or other entity meet the admission requirements sat out in the training agreement and/or applicable state licensing, or certification regulations. Prior to enrollment, NO EXCEPTIONS All potential students will be required to attend orientation, and will review all pre-enrollment information prior to signing an enrollment agreement.
At admission an enrolling student is REQUIRED to provide a copy of the following documents:
1.) High School Diploma or GED
2.) Drivers License (for proof of age) and
3.) Social Security Card.
All methods of payment include full payment at time of signing the Enrollment Agreement, non-refundable registration fee off $100.00 (one hundred & 00/100 dollars) paid at time of signing the agreement with balance paid prior to start date or through approved payment plan as stated herein. Payments may be made by cash, check, and money order or through non federal agency or loan programs. All Students are responsible for paying the total tuition and fees and for repaying applicable loans with interest.
After completing the required training and successfully passing the course, the student is required to take a NIC the State Board Examination to receive a license. A diploma is awarded to the student upon graduation.
Requirements for graduation:
Completion of 1500 hours for Cosmetology Course
Completion of 450 hours for the Nail Technician Course
Completion of 750 hours for the Instructors Course
South Eastern Beauty Academy will grant a diploma of graduation and Official Transcript of Hours for the applicable course when the student has successfully completed all phases of study, required tests, practical assignments; passed a final comprehensive written and practical examination; completed the program of study according to State requirements; completed all exit paperwork; attended an exit interview and have paid tuition in full or made a payment arrangement to satisfy any monies owed.
South Eastern Beauty Academy does not discriminate in employment, admission, instruction, or graduation policies on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, or ethnic origin, nor does it recruit students already attending or admitted to another school that offers similar programs of study.
HOURS OF INSTRUCTION
Full-time students are scheduled 32 hours. The State of Kentucky requires attendance of no more than 8 hours per day, no more than 40 per week.
Class starts promptly at 8:00 a.m. Under normal circumstances, the academy will close at 4:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday.
All lunch breaks are 1 hour. Breaks include two 15-minute sessions, with one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
A break room is provided for lunch and 15 minute breaks. Students are responsible for keeping the break area, refrigerator, and microwave clean, the floors swept, and the tables and counters clean.
Students are required to sign in upon arrival and sign out upon leaving.
South Eastern Beauty Academy offers open enrollment. Students can start at any time as long as the student /instructor ratio has not been exceeded.
- New Years Day, Jan1st
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Labor Day
- Apple Day (1st Thursday and Friday in October)
- Thanksgiving (Thursday and Friday)
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- News Year’s Eve
If the academy should be dismissed or delayed due to inclement weather, there will be a message communicated to students via the “SEBA GROUP” as well as postings made to Jeanetta Thornbury’s and South Eastern Beauty Academy’s Facebook Pages.
South Eastern Beauty Academy ensures that our student can come to school while being as safe as possible.
We do that by taking the US Department of Educations’ Campus Security Policies very seriously.
Therefore, South Eastern Beauty Academy has our own Campus Security Policy.
As you know safety of our students and clients are very important to us. Therefore, we have the Chief Security Officer or a Security Team Member on campus at all times.
DRESS CODE & SUPPLIES
Students must dress professionally at all times and must wear clean uniforms each day. The dress code is as follows:
Female students must wear Black or Red Scrubs
Black smocks or lab jackets (unless otherwise instructed)
Professional shoes NO OPEN TOE
Male Students must wear Black scrubs or Black pants
Black scrub tops
Black Lab Jacket
PROHIBITED: Shorts, dresses, graphic tee shirts, hats, holes in clothes, low-cut shirts
South Eastern Beauty Academy reserves the right to change the dress code at its discretion.
Students are responsible for the purchase of their own books MILADY STANDARD
Paper, pen, pencils, index cards, all school supplies.
Students will also be responsible for the purchase of their own scissors.
South Eastern Beauty Academy will provide all other supplies needed for clinical training.
Students are responsible for keeping their work areas clean. Each work area must be cleaned before the end of the day. Sanitation procedures will be assigned to each student. These must be completed efficiently and promptly as this is part of the student’s academic evaluation.
Students are to use the school’s landline only in emergency situations and after obtaining permission from their instructor, or the owner. Cell phones are not permitted in class and are never to be used on the clinic floor except if taking approved client hair pictures. Students will be sent home for violating the phone policy.
Students are welcome to showcase a hairstyle, color, highlight, or cut via a picture posted online, that you have performed, providing client permission is first received. The picture may not be a facial shot, but instead should be meant to showcase the student’s work. The client must see the picture and approve verbally with a yes or no.
Students are not permitted to “Go Live” on Facebook or any other Social Media, while in attendance at the school or outside the facility.
South Eastern Beauty Academy reserved the right to drug test for cause. If any student is found to be in violation of the school’s drug policy, located in the school catalog, the student will be sent home immediately and possibly terminated. No profanity, drugs, or alcohol during academy hours is permitted or tolerated. If profanity is heard from a student, that student will be asked to leave for the day.
Smoking is permitted outside the academy only, in designated areas.
Parking is available at the Paintsville City Parking lot near the rear of the academy. There is no paid or reserved parking, it is first-come, first-served. No parking is available or in front of the academy. We make every attempt to keep street parking available for clients.
SATISFACTORY ACADEMIC PROGRESS POLICY
This policy is consistently applied to all students enrolled in the school. Students are evaluated for Satisfactory Academic Progress as follows:
Cosmetology: 450, 900, and 1200 clocked (actual completed) hours
Nail Technician: 225, 450 clocked (actual completed) hours
Instructors: 375 and 750 clocked (actual completed) hours
Evaluations will determine if the student has met the minimum requirements for satisfactory academic progress. The frequency of evaluations ensures the students have had at least one evaluation by midpoint in the course.
ACADEMIC PROGRESS EVALUATIONS
The qualitative element used to determine academic progress is a reasonable system of grades as determined by assigned academic learning. Students are assigned academic learning and a minimum number of practical experiences. Academic learning is evaluated after each unit of study. Practical assignments are evaluated as completed and counted toward course completion only when rated as satisfactory or better. If the performance does not meet satisfactory requirements, it is not counted and the performance must be repeated. At least two comprehensive practical skills evaluations will be conducted during the course of study. Practical skills are evaluated according to text procedures and set forth in practical skills evaluation criteria adopted by the school. Students must maintain a written grade average of 70% and pass a final written and practical exam prior to graduation. Students must make up failed or missed tests and incomplete assignments. Numerical grades are considered according to the following scale: 90-100 Excellent; 89-79 Very Good; 78-70 Satisfactory; 69 and below Unsatisfactory.
All Students must keep a 67% attendance rate and a 70% academic rate.
ATTENDANCE PROGRESS EVALUATIONS
Students are required to attend a minimum of 67% of the hours possible based on the applicable attendance schedule in order to be considered maintaining satisfactory attendance progress. Evaluations are conducted at the end of each course’s evaluation period to determine if the student has met minimum requirements.
Students must present a formal excuse for all absences. Excuses will be placed in the student’s file. Students are not permitted to be tardy 3 times within 30 days.
MAXIMUM TIME FRAME
The maximum time allowed for students to complete each course at satisfactory academic progress may not exceed 150% of the course’s normal length.
South Eastern Beauty Academy State Authorizations/Disclosures
Because you move from another state doesn’t mean you have to put your dreams on hold. Here at South Eastern Beauty Academy we accept transfers from other cosmetology schools. Below are the state approved reciprocity agreements. As always, please feel free to contact us to answer any questions you may have concerning Reciprocity Requirements.
reciprocity requirements Instructor
reciprocity requirements cosmo
SOUTH EASTERN BEAUTY ACADEMY
In accordance with the institution’s mission statement, the school will make every attempt to resolve any student complaint that is not frivolous or without merit. Complaint procedures will be included in new student orientation thereby assuring that all students know the steps to follow should they desire to register a complaint at any time. Evidence of final resolution of all complaints will be retained in school files in order to determine the frequency, nature, and patterns of complaints for the institution. The following procedure outlines the specific steps of the complaint process.
- The student should register the complaint in writing on the designated form provided by the institution within 60 days of the date that the act which is the subject of the grievance occured.
- The complaint form will be given to the school Director.
- The complaint will be reviewed by management and a response will be sent in writing to the student within30 days of receiving the complaint. The initial response may not provide for final resolution of the problem but will notify the student of continued investigation and/or actions being taken regarding the complaint.
- If the complaint is of such nature that it cannot be resolved by the management, it will be referred to an appropriate agency if needed.
- Depending on the extent and nature of the complaint, interviews with appropriate staff and other students may be necessary to reach a final resolution of the grievance.
- In cases of extreme conflict, it may be necessary to conduct an informal hearing regarding the complaint. If necessary ,management will appoint a hearing committee consisting of one member selected by the school who has had no involvement in the dispute and who may also be a corporate officer, another member who may not be related to the student filing the complaint or another student in the school, and another member who may not be employed by the school or related to the school owners. The hearing will occur within 90 days of committee appointment. The hearing will be informal with the student presenting his/her case followed by the school’s response. The hearing committee will be allowed to ask questions of all involved parties. Within 15 days of the hearing, the committee will prepare a report summarizing each witness’ testimony and a recommended resolution for the dispute. School management shall consider the report and either accept, reject, or modify the recommendations of the committee. Corporate management shall consider the report and either accept, reject, or modify the recommendations of the committee.
- Students must exhaust the institution’s internal complaint process before submitting the complaint to the school’s accrediting agency, if applicable. Current we are accredited by NACCAS 3015 Colvin Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314
8. If filing a formal complaint go https://kbc.ky.gov (Welcome – Kentucky State Board of Hairdressers & Cosmetologists ) and fill out the complaint form. The information you provide will be used in their effort to resolve your problem and may be shared with South Eastern Beauty Academy. Pursuant to 201 KAR 12:060, all complaints must be submitted in writing and list the name of the person(s) filing the complaint. Any information provided on this form may be subject to public disclosure under the Kentucky Open Records Act.